COVID-19, Open letter
COUNCIL OF CANADIAN FIRE MARSHALS & FIRE COMMISSIONERS
The Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) has a long tradition of proudly representing its over 10,000 international membership and the Canadian branch has been recognized as a key partner in public safety, furthering our mission of promoting the safest possible Canada through progressive professional collaboration between fire engineering practitioners.
Fire Departments, building owners, engineers, and fire safety service providers have been deemed as essential services. All are continuing to lead their respective industries in delivering professional services and expertise throughout the community in response to COVID-19.
President, IFE Canada
Mr. Lui Tai
P. Eng., AIFireE
Please join us in welcoming Lui Tai, as President of IFE Canada Branch. Lui has over 30 years in Fire Protection Engineering and Code Consulting in Canada. Licensed in B.C., Alberta, Sask., Manitoba, Ontario and Nfld. Also recognized as a House of Expertise in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Has a broad and thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building code and fire code, plus NFPA and ULC standards. Good understanding of the intents and objectives behind the code, to provide alternate solutions for difficult scenarios. Hands-on and practical experience with construction of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, allow for optimum and efficient design.
Actively involved with IFE Canada, PEO, and CFAA. Member of Technical Advisory Committee for Part 3 of OBC and ULC sub-committees.
• Interact with professionals within the fire protection, life safety, fire engineering and fire suppression industries.
• An instant network with successful, established members of the fire industry.
• Access to local, national and international professional fire networks.
• Members only information dashboard and online technical forums.
• IFE International Fire Professional Journal subscription.
• Access to IFE Members' resources on ife.org.uk.
• Obtain post nominal letters after your name.
• Progress through IFE Membership Grades as your career develops.
• Enhance your learning and CV with related CPD.
• Extend your public and private sector contacts worldwide.
• Opportunities for credit towards Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or Engineering Technician in IFE supporting countries.
• Prove your knowledge by taking IFE professional exams.
• IFE Accredited Courses ensuring the best training.
• Support in your growth by professionals with a wealth of experience and industry success.